What is Waxing?
Waxing is a procedure that, when done correctly, can leave your face smooth and free of hair for weeks. Waxing is a form of hair removal which eliminates hair from the root. Face waxing is defined as the removal of unwanted hair on the face by waxing! Getting rid of facial hair can be done through different methods such as bleaching, threading, laser treatments or electrolysis, but facial waxing is considered as the most common method.
Take precautions by choosing a licensed cosmetologist to wax your face and adhering to any guidelines given about facial products and makeup. With the right care, you'll easily see the benefits of waxing your facial hair
6 Pros of Waxing Facial Hair
- Perfect for women who suffer from a lot of facial hair. Women with considerable facial hair tend to bleach it, often with disastrous results. Golden facial hair is never a golden sight.
- While shaving facial hair makes the hair that grows back hard, waxing uproots the shaft of the hair. So, the hair that grows back is smooth. And smooth is sexy.
- The effects of waxing last for about two or more weeks, which is pretty good in comparison to shaving. The last thing you want is anything that resembles a beard growing on your face. Shaving your face or using a depilatory only lasts up to five days.
- Waxing is quite precise however, threading is much more precise than waxing. While shaving cannot guarantee all facial hair will be evenly removed, bleaching can turn out patchy with abnormal golden gradients of hair.
- Waxing damages your hair follicles; this is not a bad thing because it reduces the growth of hair and over time your face will be completely hair-free. After all, isn’t being hair-free the real pursuit of happiness here?
- Waxing is economical and shaving is also equally economical but it isn’t as effective. Plus women, unlike men, aren’t that adept at it. Bleaching is just outright expensive!
6 Cons of Waxing Facial Hair
- It’s painful because the skin on your face is sensitive. Yes, no pain no gain pretty much encapsulates the waxing experience.
- Waxing sometimes leads to unsightly patches of blood on your face. But trust us, it’s not as scary as it seems.
- Waxing done wrong can cause skin irritation, discoloration, burns, infections and even allergic reactions. Which is why, you have to leave it to a professional.
- You have to repeat the process many times for best results. This means more pain...
- If face waxing fails then ‘ingrown’ hairs can be formed. This can lead to whiteheads.
- Once you wax, you will be homebound for a minimum of 24 hours. Yes, your skin is sensitive during this period and vulnerable to infection.
So, the choice is yours really. Are you the no pain, no gain kind of woman or would you rather not go through the pain and possible skin problems of facial waxing? Take your pick.